Monday, August 2, 2010








Off-Season Bazaar

My first taste of bazaar-ing was circa 2006 in St. Scholastica's College Manila. The high school students held their annual family day, and my youngest sister who was then in her 4th year invited me to sell my accessories in their event. It was a milestone for Anagon Collection, and for me as an artist and most especially as a seller.

You see, I am the most painfully shy girl who is involved in sales. Unlike my dad, who for me is the greatest saleman in the world, I have the tendency to go awkward and uncomfortable.

But I just love people! That's why in bazaars, the greatest challenge for me is interacting with the buyers face-to-face. Unlike in my online shop where my smiley faces and multiple exclamation points are enough, in a bazaar, I have to smile all the time and be energetic even after long hours of setting up, talking to a lot of people, and even sitting down! (Why am I sooo tired after a bazaar even when most of the time I just have to sit in an air conditioned venue? ;p)

But there are loads of things to love in attending AND participating in events like this once in a while. For the Port88 Ready, Set, Sale! last weekend, I love:

1. The instant transactions! No need for order forms, tiring meet-ups, and heavy shipping fees!
2. Showcasing my brand with other cool stores. A bazaar isn't just about being able to sell (although it's the biggest purpose!)...It's also a venue to exhibit my shop, and catch the eyes of future buyers online! =)

My tiny space, because I just shared booths with Red Base. :) Made it hippie-ish, to send the Anagon Collection vibes!

3. Bonding time with friends. You'll know who will be there to support you in your endeavors! =) My friends Geo, Me-an, and Ana were there for me for the two-day affair even though it meant sitting with me through the looong hours of a bazaar: both the stressful and the dead time! :)


My ever-supportive friend Geo, who is super busy these days being involved in the government! :) I love her for showing up and bringing my lunch for the first day coz there weren't much vegetarian options in the bazaar!

With Ens, who helped me man my booth for one and a half day! ;) I was entertained by Ana with playing double-bato bato pick with her (a game invention of playing the usual bato pick but with two hands, haha), and the very-grade school but mind-rocking P.A.N.T.S.!

The Bullies are alive! :D Haha! Ana was the one who dared me to wear my floral shorts with my floral top--as a joke. I was challenged with this, and tried it! :D Mixed with brown accessories (hat, belt, bracelets and shoes)...Hope I pulled it off! =)

With Tamemsky! =) Who shoplifted a ring from my stall without me knowing, haha! And then later on telling me about it, with her payment! ;p Hehehe!!! :D

4. Meeting Big Fashion Bloggers! I always look up to Pax, Kookie, and Lloyda's styles--which I watch out in their every blog entries! :) I met them in person (finally!!!) through Port88 Bazaar! :D

Finally meeting fashionista Pax! :) Check out her online store Archive Clothing and her blog Drowning Equilibriums! I admire how she puts her clothes together, but meeting her in person was so much fun coz she entertained me with our chit chats and laugh trips, especially on dead time! :D



Ms. Death By Platforms herself!!!--Kookie! :) I love her fierce style, because she owns it! :D I was stars-strucked to see her in person, she's so pretty and niceee! :)



Another fashion blogger that I admire: Lloyda! :) I love all her shoes (haha!), and she's super down-to-earth after all her achievements for Giordano, plus being one of Preview magazine's best-dressed this year! :D She's a cool preggy too!!! :) (Thanks Pax for these pics!!!)

5. And of course, finally meeting YOU my Anagon Collection buyers and friends! :) I saw AvaSteff, Camille Bondoc (a "for shipping" buyer for how many years already, it was a surprise to see you!!!), and of course, the sweet Melai of the blog Style and Soul


Thanks Melai for this picture. :) I love it! :)

We bloggers just have to document everything through photo ops!!! :)

Thank you so much for the good times in the Port88 Bazaar. It may not turn out well for me in terms of sales compared to my Christmas bazaars, but I love the experience it gave to me! :) Till next selling stint! ;)






AUGUST 2010 (MAIN)
Anagon's Note: Off-Season Bazaar
Anagon Giveaway: Love Ring